Wednesday, September 7, 2011

More cheap art

So, as you know, I really like to figure out ways to make things unique and functional while still staying on a budget.

This is more "art" from my collection. I found this fabric at Ikea last year and fell in love with it. I bought it thinking I would make pillows out of it or something. Well I had another one of those walls in my house (see previous post) that I had to fill. Instead of going to the hardware this time I decided to try to frame it. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and with 3 different coupons (see I told you I was cheap) I bought 3 poster frames. I placed the fabric around the backer board and after figuring out a pattern that I loved, cut it and stretched it around the back. I laid it in the frame, tightened the back and Voila, easy art!

Thankfully these fit into my new house just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment